Julie Terry – Company Secretarial Department
Company Secretarial Manager
“Starting a new job in ‘normal’ circumstances can be quite daunting, starting a new job from home is even more daunting! However, Charterhouse (Accountants) Limited made it so easy. I had a really informative induction which helped a lot and I got to meet my team members on a zoom call on my first day. I was assigned a buddy which made asking questions so much easier. Everyone in the team is so polite and extremely helpful which makes it so much more comfortable for me to ask questions… even the silly ones! I particularly enjoy that we have a weekly team zoom catch up where we can get to know each other better through different activities and catching up on any work matters that need addressing. Looking forward for things to go back to ‘normal’ and getting to meet my colleagues in person!”
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
Accounts Semi Senior
We have a great opportunity for an Accounts Semi Senior, who will be part of a motivated, friendly and diverse team who provide a high quality service to a varied portfolio of clients. You will have a strong accounts preparation background with excellent communication skills and a desire to learn and develop further in your career. The split in the role is around 75% Accounts and 25% Audit.
- Preparation and submission of statutory accounts – FRS 102 1A – Limited Companies and LLPs (reviewed directly by portfolio holder)
- Filing of corporation tax returns (reviewed by Tax Department)
- Assisting senior staff with audits, planning, field work and stock take
- Direct communication with clients
- Assisting clients with accounts software and other queries
- Training clients on Cloud software
Essentials Skills and Experience:
- ACA/ACCA part-qualified/qualified
- Strong accountancy practice experience
- Ability to work from incomplete records or computerised TBs
- MS Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and client service skills
- Excellent commercial awareness
Desirable skills and Experience
- Audit experience, but not essential as training is provided
- CCH Accounts Production, CCH Corporation Tax software
- Xero Accountancy Software
- Pro-Audit Software and Virtual Cabinet
Charterhouse is a supportive place to work. We promote work-life balance, health and wellbeing and corporate social responsibility. Study support is available for relevant professional qualifications.
For more information on these or any other opportunities at Charterhouse email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Charterhouse, we are always looking for outstanding candidates to join our versatile team.
Our values are:
Adaptable – to everyone’s needs
Dependable – giving everyone support when it is needed
Evolving – to ensure we can support you in your development
Diversity – in our staff, our clients and our work
Bold – taking the action needed to ensure you get the best results
Above all we are all about our clients.
We encourage anyone that share those values to apply for any available openings.
- Have a great working environment where staff from all over the world come together and work as a team. Diversity is important to Charterhouse and we believe it has a positive benefit to the team as well as the work we do for clients.
- Invest in our team by appreciating that without a culture of support, teamwork and collaboration the organisation cannot reach a united vision. Whilst emphasising teamwork Charterhouse also respect the individual, the person they are and the way they work.
- Provide a variety of great benefits, including a commitment to employees’ health, both physical and mental as well as offering benefits to promote work life balance and a platform for employees to be active and socialise outside the office.
- Promote continuous development with internal and external training, including quarterly training updates for professional staff as well as offering study support for professional exams that benefit the employee and the business.
I would like to say that my journey in Charterhouse has been much more exciting than I expected. From the induction to this day, I have felt very warm and welcomed by everyone, not only people of my department. My managers who I report to have been really kind and friendly. I like the fact that the company does things like mini socials and other social events to keep everyone’s morale boosted. It’s really great that Charterhouse is such a people centric organisation.