Our Company benefits
Charterhouse offers a range of generous employee benefits, which include;
- permanent health insurance,
- life insurance,
- Simply Health cash plan,
- private medical insurance with Vitality,
- flexible and hybrid working, holiday trading,
- flexible bank holidays,
- free access to a wealth management advisor,
- enhanced maternity,
- paternity and adoption leave,
- continuous reward and recognition programme,
- social events,
- professional study support.
See below for our current available positions.
What we offer
Charterhouse has been committed for a long time to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and now, one of our biggest strengths, is our company culture. We have a diverse and amazing group of people working for Charterhouse who are passionate about sharing knowledge and expertise and enjoy working together. We are a very friendly bunch and all newcomers are warmly welcomed.
“Starting a new job in ‘normal’ circumstances can be quite daunting, starting a new job from home is even more daunting! However, Charterhouse (Accountants) Limited made it so easy. I had a really informative induction which helped a lot and I got to meet my team members on a zoom call on my first day. I was assigned a buddy which made asking questions so much easier. Everyone in the team is so polite and extremely helpful which makes it so much more comfortable for me to ask questions… even the silly ones! I particularly enjoy that we have a weekly team zoom catch up where we can get to know each other better through different activities and catching up on any work matters that need addressing. Looking forward for things to go back to ‘normal’ and getting to meet my colleagues in person!”
Tax Semi Senior – Tax Department
We are looking for a Tax Semi Senior in our Tax department, to join a motivated, friendly and diverse team who provide a high quality service to a varied portfolio of clients. You will have knowledge and experience in Income Tax, Capital Gain tax and Corporation Tax. The role split is 60% Personal Tax and 40% Corporate Tax.
Tax Compliance Supervisor – Tax Department
We are looking for a Tax Compliance Supervisor in our Tax department, to join a motivated, friendly and diverse team who provide a high quality service to a varied portfolio of clients. You will have knowledge and experience in Income Tax, Capital Gain tax and Corporation Tax. The role split is 60% Personal Tax and 40% Corporate Tax.
Client Advisor – Accounts Audit Department
We have a great opportunity for a Client Advisor in our Accounts Audit department, to join a motivated, friendly and diverse team who provide a high quality service to a varied portfolio of clients. You will have accounts background, excellent communication skills and a desire to learn and develop further in your career. The split in the role is around 70% Accounts and 30% Audit.
“As the current longest serving member of staff I have seen many changes over the years but one thing that hasn’t changed over this time is the way that Charterhouse has demonstrated that employees are just as important as clients. From benefit packages, social events and the usual day to day, all staff are highly regarded and I can say that I am proud to have been part of a dynamic, diverse and ever evolving firm for so long.”
Julie Terry – Company Secretarial Department
Company Secretarial Manager
Real Living Wage
Over the past few years, as a business, we have committed to supporting our staff in every way we can, this encompasses health and safety of our staff both physically and mentally, ensuring we have a truly diverse and inclusive workforce and the latest step has been achieving accreditation with the Living Wage Foundation.
Our Living Wage commitment will see everyone working at Charterhouse receive the London Living Wage of £10.85. This rate is significantly higher than the government minimum for over 23s, which currently stands at £8.91 per hour. As a company we already meet this requirement but this does not only extend to our employees but also any 3rd party contractors that work with us such as cleaners and security staff which have now been secured the London Living Wage salary rate.
Our values are:
Adaptable – to everyone’s needs
Dependable – giving everyone support when it is needed
Evolving – to ensure we can support you in your development
Diversity – in our staff, our clients and our work
Bold – taking the action needed to ensure you get the best results
Above all we are all about our clients.
We encourage anyone that share those values to apply for any available openings.
- Have a great working environment where staff from all over the world come together and work as a team. Diversity is important to Charterhouse and we believe it has a positive benefit to the team as well as the work we do for clients.
- Invest in our team by appreciating that without a culture of support, teamwork and collaboration the organisation cannot reach a united vision. Whilst emphasising teamwork Charterhouse also respect the individual, the person they are and the way they work.
- Provide a variety of great benefits, including a commitment to employees’ health, both physical and mental as well as offering benefits to promote work life balance and a platform for employees to be active and socialise outside the office.
- Promote continuous development with internal and external training, including quarterly training updates for professional staff as well as offering study support for professional exams that benefit the employee and the business.