Julie Terry – Company Secretarial Department
Company Secretarial Manager
“Starting a new job in ‘normal’ circumstances can be quite daunting, starting a new job from home is even more daunting! However, Charterhouse (Accountants) Limited made it so easy. I had a really informative induction which helped a lot and I got to meet my team members on a zoom call on my first day. I was assigned a buddy which made asking questions so much easier. Everyone in the team is so polite and extremely helpful which makes it so much more comfortable for me to ask questions… even the silly ones! I particularly enjoy that we have a weekly team zoom catch up where we can get to know each other better through different activities and catching up on any work matters that need addressing. Looking forward for things to go back to ‘normal’ and getting to meet my colleagues in person!”
Charterhouse (Accountants) Limited is hiring for the following role:
Senior Client Advisor
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Client Advisor in our Accounts Audit department, to join a motivated, friendly and diverse team who provide a high quality service to a varied portfolio of clients. You will have strong accounts and audit preparation background, excellent communication skills and a desire to learn and develop further in your career. The split in the role is around 75% Accounts and 25% Audit.
- Preparation and submission of statutory accounts – FRS 102 1A – Limited Companies and LLPs (reviewed directly by a director)
- Preparation and submission of corporation tax returns (reviewed by Tax Department)
- Leading audits from planning through to completion
- Review semi seniors’ work
- Manage portfolios
- Direct communication with clients
- Assisting clients with accounts software and other queries
- Training clients on Cloud software
- On the job training of semi seniors and subordinates
Essentials Skills and Experience:
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Strong accountancy practice experience
- Able to lead audit assignments
- Ability to work from incomplete records or computerised TBs
- MS Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and client service skills
- Excellent commercial awareness
Desirable skills and Experience
- Audit experience
- CCH Accounts Production, CCH Corporation Tax software
- Xero Accountancy Software
- Pro-Audit Software and Virtual Cabinet
Charterhouse is a supportive place to work. We promote work-life balance, health and wellbeing and corporate social responsibility.
We particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email us at email@example.com
or call 020 8863 4566.
For more information on these or any other opportunities at Charterhouse email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Charterhouse, we are always looking for outstanding candidates to join our versatile team.
Real Living Wage
Over the past few years, as a business, we have committed to supporting our staff in every way we can, this encompasses health and safety of our staff both physically and mentally, ensuring we have a truly diverse and inclusive workforce and the latest step has been achieving accreditation with the Living Wage Foundation.
Our Living Wage commitment will see everyone working at Charterhouse receive the London Living Wage of £10.85. This rate is significantly higher than the government minimum for over 23s, which currently stands at £8.91 per hour. As a company we already meet this requirement but this does not only extend to our employees but also any 3rd party contractors that work with us such as cleaners and security staff which have now been secured the London Living Wage salary rate.
Our values are:
Adaptable – to everyone’s needs
Dependable – giving everyone support when it is needed
Evolving – to ensure we can support you in your development
Diversity – in our staff, our clients and our work
Bold – taking the action needed to ensure you get the best results
Above all we are all about our clients.
We encourage anyone that share those values to apply for any available openings.
- Have a great working environment where staff from all over the world come together and work as a team. Diversity is important to Charterhouse and we believe it has a positive benefit to the team as well as the work we do for clients.
- Invest in our team by appreciating that without a culture of support, teamwork and collaboration the organisation cannot reach a united vision. Whilst emphasising teamwork Charterhouse also respect the individual, the person they are and the way they work.
- Provide a variety of great benefits, including a commitment to employees’ health, both physical and mental as well as offering benefits to promote work life balance and a platform for employees to be active and socialise outside the office.
- Promote continuous development with internal and external training, including quarterly training updates for professional staff as well as offering study support for professional exams that benefit the employee and the business.