Self-employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) – Scheme extended
The SEIS scheme is now closed to new claims for the first grant.
The good news is that the scheme has been extended. What does this mean for self-employed and members of a partnership?
If you were eligible for the first grant and can confirm to HMRC that your business has been adversely affected on or after 14 July 2020, you’ll be able to make a claim for a second and final grant from 17 August 2020.
You can make a claim for the second and final grant if you’re eligible, even if you did not make a claim for the first grant.
You will need the following information to make the claim:
- Self-Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)
- National Insurance number
- Government Gateway user ID and password – if you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you make your claim
- UK bank details (only provide bank account details where a Bacs payment can be accepted) including:
- bank account number
- sort code
- name on the account
- your address linked to your bank account
The online service to make the claim is not available yet and will be available from 17 August 2020 to make a second and final grant claim.
HMRC will check your claim and pay your grant into your bank account in the next 6 days. An email will be sent to you when your payment is on its way.
You must keep evidence to confirm your business was adversely affected at the time you made your claim.
Please do not hesitate to contact our tax team if you have any queries or require our guidance in submitting the claim.