What you need to become a client

What you need to become a client.

In order to comply with Anti-Money Laundering 2019 Regulations the following documents are required.


  • Proof of Identity (Please refer to Table A below)
  • Proof of Address (Please refer to Table B below)

Limited Company / LLP

We require identification for all Directors of the Company and all Shareholders who own 25% or more of the business. This includes:

TABLE A – Proof of Identity TABLE B – Proof of Address

Acceptable photographic Identity

  • Valid UK, EU certified passport
  • Valid UK certified Photocard Driving Licence
  • National ID card. certified

If you are visiting our office these can be certified by one of our regulated professionals.

All documents must include your current address and must contain a unique reference number to confirm your relationship with this provider.

  • Current UK Photocard Driving Licence
  • Council Tax bill/demand notice/statement (valid for the current financial year or issued in the last 3 months)
  • HMRC documentation (PAYE Coding Notice/Tax Notification/Self-Assessment). We cannot accept P45 or P60 forms.
  • Bank/Building Society statement dated within the last 3 months.
  • Credit card statement, dated within the last 3 months.
  • Mortgage statement from a recognised lender, dated with the last 12 months.
  • Sky/Cable/Utility bill (gas electricity, water) dated within the last 3 months.

(We can only accept original documents, not photocopies or internet print-outs unless certified).


Who Can Certify a Document

A professional person or someone well-respected in your community (‘of good standing’), examples being:-

  • A Bank or Building Society Official
  • A Chartered Accountant
  • A Chartered Tax Advisor
  • A Solicitor or Notary Public
  • A Post Office Official (in the UK)
  • An Independent Financial Adviser
  • A Doctor, Dentist or other regulated health professional

What should a Certified Document Look like?

In order to certify a copy of the document the professional person or authority needs to

  1. Write or stamp ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ on the document
  2. Sign and date the document
  3. Print their name under the signature
  4. Add their occupation, address and telephone number
  5. Stamp the document with their personal or professional stamp


If you live outside both the UK and EU, your proof of ID and proof of residential address documents must be notarised by a Public Notary and accompanied by the relevant official stamp and signature from the Notary. All copies need to be supplied translated into English, if necessary, up-to-date, legible and in colour.

For more information on the latest regulation updates please visit the gov.uk website.

Or for more information please contact us.